Spring Development Intern
Chicago Run seeks an energetic and motivated candidate looking to acquire development, fundraising and nonprofit experience. The development intern will have the opportunity to engage with development and other Chicago Run staff on a variety of projects and ongoing organization activities. The development Intern will also assist with tasks related to our special events, most especially the Annual Little Steps, Big Stars Fundraiser that will be on May 17th at Galleria Marchetti. The development intern will report to the Development Manager.
Start Date: April 1, 2017
End Date: June 2017
Little Steps, Big Stars: May 17, 2017 at Galleria Marchetti
- Silent Auction
o Assist with solicitation and tracking of in-kind donations for silent auction
o Research and identify high value items
o Assist in the tracking of donations, ticket purchases and sponsorships by entering into Donor Perfect database
o Assist in organizing acknowledgment letters to be sent following the event
o Assist in researching potential sponsors
- Marketing and communication
o Assist in developing social media content
o Assist in researching online event calendars, and PR opportunities
- General event planning
o Assist in putting together materials prior to the event
o Assist in planning event timeline and other logistics
- Event Support- registration
o If schedule permits, provide support at fundraiser by checking in guests, organizing silent auction table, posting on social media, and any other tasks that arise
General Development team support
- Assist the development team with administrative tasks, research and team activities as needed/assigned
Time Commitment: Position open until filled, seeking commitment through the end of May, with 10 – 20 hours per week preferred. Days/times are flexible. Remote work allowed on some days.
This is an Unpaid internship.
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Demonstrated success multi-tasking and juggling multiple priorities
- Self- starter, who takes initiative and is highly reliable
- Interest in fundraising and nonprofit work
- Proficiency with basic software programs, including Microsoft Office, is required
- Open to undergraduate, graduate students, or others interested in gaining experience in nonprofit fundraising
- A strong commitment to Chicago Run’s mission and programs
Send resume and cover letter via email to Debra Michaels at email@example.com by March 20, 2017. No phone calls please.
Chicago Run provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.